Saturday, October 11, 2008

nine inch nails, atlanta, 08/13/2008

saw nine inch nails recently in atlanta with my friend william, and it ruled. i have seen them before, but this time the stage performance was so amazing. they played tons of great songs, and the current lineup of musicians is tops (although i just heard that josh freese is leaving the band after the current tour, which is a bummer...). they played at the gwinnett arena, and we were in the general admission section. we did not get too close because we wanted to get a good view of the stage show. this photo shows the multi-layered screens that came down to make a kind of 3-d landscape (really sweet in person - the picture does no justice):

Photobucket
photo courtesy of my crappy camera phone

i won't go into too much detail except to say that it must cost a lot of money to pull off some of those effects, and now that trent reznor doesn't have a record label to help foot the bill, he is putting a lot of his own money in to make this a great performance for his fans. a true master, in my book. here is a picture of the band logo that appeared on the screen when they left the stage the first time:

Photobucket
photo courtesy of my crappy camera phone

my favorite part of the evening had to be when they played 'only' from the album with teeth. that song makes me want to get down (though i believe this next picture was taken while they were playing 'echoplex' from their album the slip, which was pretty killer as well).

Photobucket
photo courtesy of my crappy camera phone

already have tickets lined up to see them again on november 1st in greenville, this time with my friends chris and jennifer, and my sweet wife anna!

No comments: