Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the apple chronicles, volume 1

the pink lady

the pink lady

i was at food lion last night, checking out the fruit, and saw they had quite a few types of apples. i got one of each of 4 different kind (the cashier and bagger were looking at me weird, so i struck up a conversation about how i am on a quest to find the most delicious apples - they thought i was lame). the first type that i am trying is the ‘cripp’s pink’ pink lady apple. the sticker on the apple says it is grown in the u.s.a. it had a nice pink hue to it, nearing red, and some green around the top and bottom. the apple felt like it would be a bit soft. i am not a huge fan of soft apples, so i was thinking this one would not be too good.

when i bit into the apple, though, it was very crisp and sweet, and a bit tart. in other words, it was freakin’ delicious. i give this one a 4.5 out of 5 on my awesome apple scale. i will definitely be purchasing more of these. stay tuned for my next taste test, which will be either the fuji, braeburn, or rome apple (all three are waiting in my fruit bowl on my desk). yum.

4 1/2 apple

1 comment:

Erin said...

You're cracking me up! Pink ladies are my favorite!