Sunday, November 25, 2007

six things about me

my pal, abby, "tagged" me and is making me write six things about myself. she won't let up until i do it, so here goes :)

1. i absolutely love horror movies. any kind is fine: bloody as heck, scary as crap, b-rated as all get-out, violent, funny-scary; it don't even matter. but mostly, i love the ones from the 50's-60's-70's, and mostly the ones that star vincent price. he was a true genius of the genre. the first movie i saw with him in it was the fall of the house of usher in 6th grade english class on a 16mm reel-to-reel projector. i absolutely fell in love and have not turned back since.

2. i love listening to music. i do it constantly, probably at least 12 hours a day, in the car on the way to work, all day at work, on the way home, while doing yardwork and housework, whenever. some of my current favorites that make regular rotation in the car and ipod are devendra banhart, elliott smith, john frusciante, and the hives. there are so many more, but these are the ones i keep going back to over and over again lately (and in the next two months, add the mars volta to the list again when their new album the bedlam in goliath comes out).

3. i love playing with my daughter, mina. she is so much fun and has given me full license to be immature and act like a kid again. and now my wife thinks it is cute instead of annoying.

4. i love to run, and would like to one day train for and run in a marathon. it just seems like a great thing to accomplish. a normal dude like me can't really say he has done amazing things in his life (i guess that is all in one's perspective), but this is one thing i would like to accomplish before i head off to that great bacon cheeseburger and french fry stand in the sky (or underground, or in my mausoleum - who really truly knows what happens after you die?).

5. i could give a crap about reaching 30. i feel no different, and i will still feel no different when i hit 40, 50, and 60 (except for being more tired and having to take more pills and stuff). it is all in how you live your life and not falling into the trappings of how getting older means not having as much fun. screw that, man. i will be the 65 year old dude at a concert with a bunch of 15 year olds. i don't give a crap (and the fact that i said that i don't give a crap twice in regards to this topic without even realizing it proves that i really don't give a crap - there goes my short-term memory...).

and finally...

6. family and friends are very important to me. my wife and daughter are the best. right now, they are upstairs and i can hear mina speaking some rambling rubbish that sounds kind of like this: "mommy! why sly zy my fy zly", and anna is saying "oh yeah? what else?" and the conversation keeps on going. i am about to go join them. my family (mom, dad, brothers, sisters) are great. we always have a great time when we are able to be together. my few close friends are the coolest. i love hanging out with them and just plain doing nothing (or playing video games/watching tv). i am a lucky guy...

1 comment:

The Miller Family said...

What can I say, it was worth the wait! You really are funny Layne!