Friday, September 28, 2007

air guitar rules my world!

two nights ago, i watched the documentary air guitar nation. wow! wowee-wow-wow! i was blown away. not only was i blown away that there is a legitimate competition out there for this art form - and yes! it is an art form! - but there are others out there that are just as pumped about it as i am. i have found my people!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

the documentary covers the 2003 u.s. and world air guitar championships, and closely follows two of the main u.s. contenders, björn türoque and c-diddy. you must watch to understand...

i have been air guitaring for roughly the last 20 or so years. it started with hits from the 80's, such as the wicked riff in michael jackson's "beat it" to the sexy licks of "walk this way" by run-d.m.c. and aerosmith. it continues to this day, while driving, standing in my living room, sitting at my desk at work listening to my ipod, basically any time i hear a riff or solo that gets my soul moving. today, i nearly lost my balance and fell over when air guitaring one of the many solos in the mars volta's "cassandra geminni" suite from their album frances the mute. awesome.

so, i skedaddled over to the u.s. air guitar championships website and registered to receive more information, as it becomes available, about the 2008 competition. oh yes, i plan on doing my best to enter next year, and the training starts now!

1 comment:

The Miller Family said...

Hopefully it is a local competition so I can laugh my *** off!